Ultimate Orienting Conveyor for English Muffins: Streamlining Bakery Production
At Hoosier Conveyor Company, we take pride in our ability to design and integrate custom conveyor systems that are specifically tailored to our client’s needs. In a recent project we were tasked with providing a solution for orienting English Muffins.
A customer approached us with the task of enhancing their English Muffin packaging process. They had 3 workers manually separating and orienting the English Muffins, but needed to increase their production.
- Industry: Bakery
- Product: English Muffins
The Solution: The Ultimate Orienting Conveyor
Our Orienting Conveyors are designed to singulate and orientate bulk product to prepare it for the next phase in the production process. Our Ultimate Orienting Conveyor is specifically designed for food processing applications. The sanitary solution can provide orienting solutions for a wide range of bakery products including:
- Loaves of bread
- English muffins
- Rounds of dough (Baguettes)
The Process & Details:
Here's how the system works:
- Bulk English Muffins are inclined up the conveyor and fed into the Ultimate Orienting Conveyor bowl.
- Within the bowl, the English Muffins gently circulate. Centrifugal motion forces the products to the edge, where various mechanisms help singulate them.
- A vision system ensures properly oriented products. Any upside-down items are rejected back into the bowl for recirculation.
- The properly oriented and singulated products exit the Ultimate Orienting Conveyor system, ready for packaging.
See It in Action:
Check out the Ultimate Orienting Conveyor system in action in the following video:
Benefits of the Ultimate Orienting Conveyor Solution:
By implementing our Ultimate Orienting Conveyor system, the customer achieved several notable advantages:
- Labor Reallocation: We were able to help the customer re-allocate labor to other essential areas of the facility, boosting productivity.
- Increased Efficiency: The Ultimate Orienting Conveyor contributed to higher production rates and enhanced overall efficiency.
- Product Protection: The system reduces the chance of product damage and contamination
- Space-Saving Design: The compact footprint of the Ultimate Orienting Conveyor saves valuable floor space, optimizing the facility layout.
- Easy Maintenance: Constructed from 304 stainless steel, the conveyor system allows for straightforward disassembly and reassembly, and ease of cleaning and maintenance. The unique angle steel frame with fill and grind welded seams eliminates abrasions, debris, and contamination risks.
Got an Automation Application?
With our extensive experience and expertise, we can design custom conveyor systems for a wide range of products and environments. Contact us today to discover more about our capabilities and how we can optimize your processes.
August 16, 2023