Pallet System for Pharmaceutical Cap Filling
In a recent project we were tasked with creating a custom solution for a cap filling for a customer in the pharmaceutical industry.
Product: Pharmaceutical Caps
The Solution: A Custom Dorner ERT®150 Pallet System
- Dorner ERT150 Precision Edge Roller Conveyor shuttles pallets with custom trays to a Lift & Locate
- A vacuum head then picks and places 6 lanes of caps (with 10 caps per lane) into each tray
- The tray is then indexed to a second position and the process is repeated to fill the tray
- The pallet then indexes to the next Lift & Locate station where the caps can be individually filled before continuing on in the automation process
This system was part of a joint project we worked on with Hoosier Feeder Company. The complete system provided cap filling, from bulk caps to filled product using a vibratory feeder bowl and inline horizontal track, the Dorner ERT150® Precision Edge Roller Conveyor, and a return roller conveyor.
Benefits of a Dorner ERT®150 Pallet System
- Clean, open roller design and are ISO Class 4 verified* for cleanrooms
- No & low back pressure accumulation
- No belts, reducing product contact and debris
- Ideal for small & light-load assembly automation applications
Do you have an automation application?
We have the experience and expertise to design custom conveyor systems that can handle a wide range of products and environments. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities and how we can help improve your industrial processes.
May 31, 2023