Custom 2200 Series Incline Conveyor Provides Simple Overflow Solution
Recently, a customer needed a conveyor to handle the overflow and bulk storage of K-Cups being processed in a pre-feed system
By customizing a Dorner 2200 Series cleated incline conveyor we were able to create a simple overflow system – maximizing uptime and reducing product loss
The Process & Details
- The 2200 Series cleated conveyor was customized with fabricated Stainless-Steel guiding and sidewalls, adjustable inclined stands, and a perpendicular exit shoot
- If a line malfunction is detected, the K-Cups are diverted to the incline conveyor
- The K-cups are then recirculated back into the main storage elevator which allows the operator to assess the line and fix the issue without shutting down the entire process
- The incline conveyor is equipped with a sensor that detects part level
- If parts are detected the incline conveyor will run until it is clear of parts. This also indicates the line is back up and running
- If the line is shut down, the shoot can be opened, and the product can be returned into the bottom tray and back to bulk storage
Features & Specifications of the Custom 2200 Series System:
- 14” wide, 6’ long 2200 Series conveyor
- Incline range from 23.1 inches to 46.5 inches
- Cleated fabric belt featuring Dorner’s industry leading v-guided belt tracking
- Standard-load VFD gearmotor
- Adjustable height stands with fixed foot pads
- Custom fabricated 304 Stainless-Steel guarding, side walls, and exit chute
About 2200 Series Conveyors
Available in fabric belt and modular belt options, 2200 Series Conveyors are designed for small to medium part handling.
Learn More About the 2200 Series
What type of product are you moving?
Dorner's line of belted and modular belt conveyors are ideal for a variety of industries including automation, material handling, packaging, medical, pharmaceutical, HBA, food and beverage, automotive, and many more.
As an authorized Dorner partner, we have access to their complete line. Additionally, we offer complete integration services from custom guiding, and accessories, to controls and sensors.
Contact us today to discuss your application and find out if a 2200 Series Conveyor is the right solution for your application.
January 12th, 2023